COVID-19 Safe PracticesStreett
Maintaining a Safe Environment During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and our standards are in line with the recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act (WISHA). As the recommendations have changed we have been working hard to put extra safeguards into place to protect your family when you return for your child’s dental care. We love what we do and we are committed to your families safety and well-being.
Patients and Parents:
- Face coverings or masks are required on all adults while in the office
- Please use hand sanitizer when entering the office
- Follow physical distancing as much as possible while in the office.
- Bring a simple activity for your child to help keep them entertained during any brief wait.
- Screening all patients by phone prior to appointments. Patients with any symptoms are asked to stay home and postpone their dental care.
- Virtual check in while you wait in your car. A team member will contact you to come up for your appointment to avoid excess time in the reception area.
- One parent only to accompany the child for appointments. If possible please only bring the child or children who have appointments that day.
- Review screening questionnaire upon arrival and temperatures will be taken on everyone, parent and patient, prior to beginning any treatment.
- Minimize the time patients spend in the office by requesting that you provide us with accurate health updates and insurance information in advance. After your child’s visit we may call you to discuss the treatment provided, collect fees, and set up follow-up appointments. We will do our best to answer any questions and address all concerns you may have during those calls.
- All magazines and toys have been removed from the reception room to help minimize cross contamination. We will still have the TV’s in the reception area, but feel free to bring an activity or toy to help occupy your child for any short wait you may experience.
- Avoid excess people sitting in our reception area. We ask that only one parent accompanies the patient and if possible only bring the child or children who have an appointment that day.
- Seats are appropriately spaced out in the waiting room
- Regular cleaning of all door handles, pens, counters and other commonly touched surfaces throughout the day.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer as well as sinks for washing are available throughout the office.
- All treatment rooms have additional surface coverings which are removed after each patient and as we did before, each room will be disinfected using EPA approved surface disinfectants after every patient.
- Lastly, we have added air filtration units that filter out over 99% of the airborne particles in the air including viruses in our treatment rooms.
- Daily assessment of health and temperatures of all of our team members upon arrival to the office to insure the team is healthy to best serve you.
- Continue to wash hands frequently as well as use hand sanitizer.
- During treatment we will continue to wear appropriate personal protective equipment to prevent the spread of any bacteria, virus or transmissible disease. You will notice that we will have extra pieces of PPE for protection of both the patient and team member.
- Our team up front will have on face coverings and clear barriers in place on the desks.